The Brown Station Elementary PTA’s mission is to build a community between our teachers, parents and students. Also, to raise funds and creating opportunities for teachers and staff to provide fun, educational programs that enhance our children learning experience.
The BSES PTA buys books for the school library, offers teacher assistance to every classroom and pays for numerous other needs throughout the year – from classroom supplies to help offset the cost of Field trips.
All of these activities are made possible by the generous support from our community through donations and PTA fundraisers such as the Scholastic Book Fairs, Box Tops for Education, Family Food Nights and Corporate Partner Contributions.
The PTA holds regular meetings that allows parents and teachers to have a voice within the school to address concerns, offer suggestions, volunteer for events, and become better aware of what is happening at Brown Station Elementary, and Yes the meetings are open to ALL of the BSES Community.
Every child’s potential is a reality.
To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.
National PTA Purposes:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
This post is also available in: Spanish